Friday, February 10, 2012

It’s not raining men… yet!

It’s Friday. For many singles, that means it’s date night, or find a date night. But it’s not date night for me, at least not tonight, not until I find my Mr. Darcy. But how am I going to find him? I’ve researched several websites with tips on where you can find single men. Here’s a few of my favorite tips, (and some that won’t work so well for me), on where you can find single men.

Bars and Clubs
 
This is a highly unlikely place for me to find a man since I don’t drink, smoke, or like crowded places with loud music.

Work

Currently a rather difficult task since I’m working from home right now.

Church

No, not going to happen. I don’t go to church, but I can’t imagine it being heavily populated by Liberal Democrats like me.

Libraries and Bookstores

This has some potential. I like to read, and it doesn’t have to be costly. There’s a nice B&N nearby, but I don’t have a clue where the closest library is.

Coffee shops

I’ve got a nice Starbucks two blocks away, and it’s always full of cute guys, but I don’t drink coffee, and their prices are a bit high for tea, so I’ll have to check into ways to keep from spending lots of money while I sit around waiting for Mr. D to show up.

Weddings

With my luck, I’d meet the groom minutes before the wedding.

The Gym

If I could afford to use the gym and not just the hand weights I have at home, I’d be there in a heartbeat.

Online chat sites/dating sites

Too many things can go wrong with this option. I’m not ready to give up/give in just yet.

Those items were on most of the online advice sites. But there are a few other places I plan to try out when I go to England next fall.

The Train or Plane

If I’m sitting next to a potential Mr. Darcy for hours, you better believe I’m going to chat him up.

Where would you suggest I go to find my Mr. Darcy?

No comments: